This school year the Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton School District has been selected to participate in a School Linked Mental Health Services Program (SLMH). SLMH services will be a great addition to our school district for those students and families that are in need of such services. We are fortunate to announce that this program will be funded through a grant!
Counseling Services of Southern Minnesota is partnering with our school district to make high quality mental health services available to any student in pre-school through senior high school.
Goals of the Program:
SLMH is committed to providing holistic assessment of the child's strengths, needs, stage of development, relationship with caregivers and emotional/behavioral barriers to reaching academic, social, and developmental potentials.
SLMH strives to provide therapeutic interventions that promote the student's academic, emotional and social development.
SLMH will work collaboratively with other service providers to coordinate care and maximize support for the student and their family.
- Pre-intake sessions with parents/guardians
- Diagnostic assessment
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Skills counselor-practice skills in school/home
- Family skills counseling with student/caregivers
- Therapist can attend team meetings
- Therapist can engage in care coordination with other providers
- Therapist can provide consultation to include parents, teachers, counselors, and social workers
The team is made up of masters and doctorate level clinicians including psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists and professional counselors.
If you have any further questions, please contact me directly.