There are several grants out and about that various organizations can apply for from year to year. JWP doesn't have a full time grant writer, but we have had several teachers throughout the years apply for grants related to their field.
Eric Kehoe recently completed a grant through Shell which would provide him with a possible lab makeover. The process for this grant was rather intense and included different rounds of application. One of those rounds included completing a video submission. You may view the submission by visiting this web-site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baFYNrQwYqA. In the end, Eric has been selected as a 2013 Shell Science Lab Challenge District Winner. His prize package includes:
- Designation as an "NSTA/Shell Science Lab Challenge District Winner" and a School Banner
- $1,000 in donated lab equipment/materials/gift certificates
- $1,000 Shell Science Lab Challenge grant to purchase science/lab equipment and science education resource books.
- $300 gift certificate to the NSTA bookstore
- One year NSTA Learning Center membership for two
- Paid registration for two teachers to attend a 2013 NSTA Area Conference
In addition, his application and video will be included in the final judging where their panel will select one grand prize winner and four national finalists. The grand prize winning school will receive a lab makeover support package valued at $20,000.
Mrs. Steinberg, JWP's FCCLA Director recently applied for a Delta Dental Serve a Smile Grant for the FCCLA program. Funds were limited this year and not all applicants were awarded a grant. We are happy to announce that JWP's FCCLA was one of the groups awarded a grant. In this case, they were awarded a total of $442.30.
Thank you Mr. Kehoe and Mrs. Steinberg for taking the time to complete these grant applications and congratulations on your success!